Friday, August 31, 2012

Cholesterol: Without Meds


I take zyprexa to ease the symptoms of schizophrenia that I experience. Unfortunately the side effects of zyprexa caused my cholesterol level to go up. I was on a medication that countered the zyprexa side effects. This medication got my cholesterol levels down to a healthy range. I had been on this med since December of 2011.

In July of 2012 my decided to take me off the cholesterol med on a trial basis. She said that she had a hunch that my diet and exercise were sufficient to keep my cholesterol down. I went off the med and got blood work done within a few days. I also got another test about 1 month after the first and my cholesterol levels are still healthy. I am very happy that I am able to maintain healthy cholesterol levels without the use of medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment