Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Responsibility to Write

Those of you that read my blog daily have noticed that I haven't written in a few days. This is because I'm unsure of how to proceed. I have written over 130 articles for Breathe and believe each and every article serves a purpose. I do not want to continue writing unless it is with reason.
This morning I called my parents. My mother told me a story of how someone she knows has been impacted by my writing. This reader goes to a support group with my mom that is for families of people who experience mental illness. The reader described to the group, my blog, as a life line.
This story re-shapes my view of what I am accomplishing in publishing Breathe. I have had awful experiences with schizophrenia and I am now doing quite well. I believe that it is my responsibility to share from these experiences and not a privilege.
Still I have done much of what I can as a writer, temporarily. I will continue to write as I become aware of new material that I see valuable to the blog. The blog is also now going to be available via e-mail. This will make my writing more accessible to my devoted readers. I thank all of you for showing me that my message and my story are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment