Saturday, August 18, 2012

1000 Page Views: Time to Reflect


1000 Page Views: Time to Reflect



Breathe has now received nearly 1000 page views in just about a month and a half since I wrote my first article. I am very pleased with its success and would like to thank all of my readers for this. If you are new to reading my blog I'm glad you found it and hope that you find it both informative and relevant.

I would like to share with all of you a little about how I came about the idea of writing a recovery blog. This idea actually evolved from an idea that I had to start up a fitness club for those with mental illness. The idea of that would be to have people who were dealing with mental illness support each other with maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I might still attempt to make this happen one day. I thought that having a newsletter for the fitness club would be a great idea as well. The idea of the newsletter ended up being a blog.

The process of creating this blog is a little challenging. I do a fair amount of research to make my articles relevant and informative. I would like to continue adding articles to Breathe a couple times a week and am realizing, to do this I must make a shift in the content. I am going to begin to write more of my personal process both from my past and current circumstances. It will begin to take the shape of being an on-line journal to some extent.

My hopes in creating this blog are mostly and ideally to impact the lives of my readers. I myself had an "ah ha" moment in my recovery, educating myself on schizophrenia on the internet. I had been delusional for quite a long time. I struggled to accept that much of my life as I remembered it was not at all as it was perceived. I would periodically try to do a little research on things I thought I had accomplished in life and consistently found nothing that would confirm my perceptions. I chalked it up to government conspiracy but it also cast just a little doubt in to my psyche. So when I went on-line and saw and read of other people's experiences with delusion, and symptoms of mental illness I quickly accepted my own personal state of mind. Getting to the point of willingness to accept the "memories" I had as delusions was a struggle. I reached a tipping point in my recovery and educating myself using the internet made a substantial difference in my ability to move forward. Maybe my blog will similarly impact another person's life. It might not have as profound an effect as I experienced but may be helpful to some people any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment