Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Seizing Opportunity

In September of this past year I wrote an article titled "Goals: A Process of Steps." I had at that time decided to push towards a life long goal of speaking publicly. I have always admired people who spoke publicly. Today I will speak on mental illness to a group of people in the Burlington area. I have reached my goal.
In the goals article I put forth 15 things I could do to one day speak publicly. I still have not taken some of the steps that I put in writing. It was in fact the act of writing the article that got me the speaking gig. It was one of my readers who asked me to speak to a support group she had organized.
I am not going to hesitate to move further forward on my journey. I am going to continue promoting myself just as I have been since September. There are many opportunities out there for me to speak. I will use what I have learned in this experience to my advantage. I believe I can see better the opportunities presented to me and how I can seize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment