Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No Regrets: Today or Tomorrow


I don't regret wasting time in my life; I only wish I had no regrets. I say this to illustrate a point, which is to not waste time regretting mistakes you have made in the past or time spent being irresponsible. I can speak from experience in saying that this is not an easy thing to do. I have spent a lot of time regretting the lack of responsibility I demonstrated when I was young. I was not happy with who I had become as of yet.

I feel differently now. I no longer feel like the mistakes of my past are a detriment to who I am today. I am happy with who I am. I know that it is because I am happy with who I am that I don't regret past mistakes so much. I can live with these mistakes, with time spent being irresponsible. I do still have regret but I don't spend time dwelling on the fact.

Getting to this place of being happy with myself is an important step in my life. It is one that has taken a long time for me to take. Some of the things I did in my adolescence and twenties have cost me dearly. I was irresponsible and lived my life recklessly. In time I have come to accept things such as past heavy marijuana use and getting arrested as being valuable life experiences. Growing takes time and in these times mistakes will be made. The correct course of action is to accept that you are human and to choose to like who you are. It is this way you will be able to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment