Saturday, September 29, 2012

Public Journal: The Direction of Breathe


In the time since I published my first article on the 2nd of July the subject matter of my blog has slowly shifted towards a focus on my personal experience with recovery. The first article I published was an article on superfoods. I did research to write this article. All my articles were researched at first.

I began telling my story in my writing. I have covered much of my dealings with schizophrenia at this point. I do have a number of articles waiting to be published. These articles will be researched and relevant to mental health and recovery. I am sure that I will always be able to tell more stories about my mental health. However I am going to begin slowly stripping away the inhibitions I have around the subject matter of my blog. Breathe will continue to shift more and more in the direction of being a public journal.

This shift is in part to continue writing. I have grown to enjoy the writing process and find putting my personal story out there to the world helps me realize that people do care and that I am not alone. It is therapeutic for me to write but without an audience it would have less significance. I want to continue writing but I do not want to write just for the sake of writing. I will have to find out how to walk that line between self indulgence and deeply personal writing.

I will take my time exploring how far I can stray away from the subject of recovery. This will be done one article at a time. Intermittently I will publish fact based articles that are relevant to mental health, exercise and nutrition. I will not forget the vision I had for a blog when I began to tackle this project. I will write stories that are completely off the subject of mental health and recovery. My hope is that in sharing my story will show people that I am not just someone who has a mental illness. I am human I have made mistakes with or without having a mental illness. I also hope that you my readers continue to visit Breathe to read my articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment