Thursday, September 20, 2012

Carpe Diem


I would now like to publish a follow up article to the previous goals article. The goals article was intended to help readers be proactive in how the move forward in recovery. However there is more to recovery and life than pushing through to a brighter more promising future.

I am a very task oriented person myself. I deal well with what is tangible. I am known to be very disciplined. However it is important to take your time in recovery, not forgetting that today is a gift. In trying to reach for a better tomorrow we can often times over look the opportunities presented that make today so wonderful.

The purpose of this article is to provide balance to my previous article on reaching goals. In this article similarly to the last I am asking you to put on paper 15 things you can do to enjoy each day. Just as in the goals article I will provide my own list to help give you some ideas.

 

1. Drink a cup of coffee

 

2. Go for a walk

 

3. Play a game of chess

 

4. Go fishing

 

5. Read a book

 

6. Write something that I don't intend to publish

 

7. Spend some time in nature

 

8. Take a nap

 

9. Take a warm shower

 

10. Listen to music

 

11. Meditate

 

12. Play video games

 

13. Watch T.V.

 

14. Drink a cup of tea

 

15. Enjoy conversation with a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment