Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog Sustainability


It has been over two months since I wrote the first article for Breathe. I have now written 35 articles. It has been a great experience; I have learned and grown in the process. I have tried to keep the blog informative and a reflection of who I am. I hope that it comes through in the writing. However I have reached a point where I believed the end to be in sight. I have mostly tapped into what I know about recovering from a mental illness and healthy living.

I do not want to give up writing for the blog. This morning I wrote in my journal as I do every morning immediately after my second cup of coffee. Shortly after I finished my journal entry I realized that what I wrote would make for a great rough draft to a blog article. Upon realizing this it dawned upon me that I can shift my attention in my blog from informative to autobiographical. I will now use some of my better journal entries for blog articles. I will this way be able to share my story of recovery. While the earlier articles that I wrote for my blog will provide a back drop for my personal story.

In addition to making the blog more autobiographical I will start having guest writers. This will provide more perspectives on the recovery process. I will also continue to write articles that are informative. I am not abandoning the original style of the blog. It is instead evolving to be more sustainable. My goals for the blog are mostly to help and inspire people who struggle with mental illness. I also want my voice to be heard. I want to create a body of work that will be in the public eye. I want to make a significant contribution to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment