Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trip To Kentucky

I will be heading back home later this morning. The trip here to Kentucky to see my sister and her family was great. I enjoyed every minute I got to spend with the kids. The best part of the trip however, was seeing my folks with their grand children. I hadn't seen my parents so happy in a long time.
I think this occasion was quite special for mom and dad. The family hadn't gotten together for many years. I hadn't even spoken to my sister for a long time. It was my Christmas wish to go see my sister and her family this year. And my folks thanked me last night for getting us all back together.
I was also happy to be able to teach my sister's oldest how to play chess. She seemed interested in playing the game. She and I are going to begin playing on-line. I really wanted to be able the share what I know about the game with my sister's kids. It makes me happy to play a role in the kids lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment