Saturday, January 12, 2013

Open And Honest

I kept my hurts and feelings bottled up for many years. Whether it be because I did not trust people in my support system or because I was in denial. I beared the emotional burden put on my shoulders from schizophrenia by myself.
The act of remaining silent perpetuated its self. There was eventually so much I had experienced that I did not share that it left me at a loss for words. I did not know where to begin telling my story. That was until I began writing this blog.
Little by little I put down my experiences in writing. In the time since I began publishing this blog I have told most everything that has had a significant impact on my recovery. Everything from delusional thoughts I had to the stepping stones that have helped me move forward. I have opened up through writing.
Those who are closest to me read all my articles. We now have a far more open and honest relationship than ever before. This act of expressing myself and my story has helped me to heal. I no longer am distrustful of people I go to for support. I no longer bear my emotional burden by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment