Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Neighborhood Library

I was lucky enough growing up to have a library in my neighborhood. It was located on the next street north of my own street. I would often go to the library and get books about snakes; and other such things that appeal to young outdoorsy boys.
My town Milton was a rural Vermont town. Its total population was under 10,000 people. I had things available other than the library that I could walk to. We lived near the center of town.
I was a very active boy. Living in a safe community was nice. I could go out on all day adventures by myself at a young age. There were times as a teenager that I wished I had grown up in a large city. However, now I feel lucky to have grown up as I did. In a small town community with a public library close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment