Saturday, January 5, 2013

Looking Glass

We all have a looking glass from which we perceive the world and ourselves. It distorts all that we see. This looking glass is a result of our own unique perspective. Our upbringing and experiences influence us all. And there are many widely different views amongst mankind.
My views have been largely influenced by my experience with schizophrenia. I vote mostly based on healthcare issues. I am currently in need of public benefits. I would be devastated if social security or medicaid and medicare were cut back. I am not entirely accepting of views that are very contrary to mine.
There are many people out their who I am sure feel similarly about me as I do them. They do not agree with health care reform. They believe that people like myself should not receive public assistance. Instead they would like to see the government have a smaller footprint.
There are those who are more fortunate and are willing to make sacrifices so that the less fortunate will not suffer. And there are some who do not have much and still would like to see government programs cut back. We are all very different people. The key is for us to come together and live in harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment