Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rhythms and Cycles

I began this blog 6 months ago. At the time I was in the midst of a serious health kick. I had recently quit smoking and I had lost almost 20 pounds. I have always been very physically active. I have been told on several different occasions that I would be a good personal trainer. The weight I lost last spring and summer was in response to having gained a lot of weight while I was in a psychiatric hospital. In that time I gained 40 lbs.
As I said I have always been physically active. I believe that I am one of the few people who could say that they were able to ride a bike 100 miles in a day and at the same time smoke a pack of cigarettes. I have always been much less active during the winter than in spring and summer. Still I am surprised to see that I have not continued with my routine in the last couple of months.
I seemingly get motivated to workout again towards the end of winter. In the years that I was biking. I would go to the gym starting in February and be ready to go by March. I guess this is just my rhythm. I am looking forward to spending time outdoors this next summer. I am sure that I will be very active.

No comments:

Post a Comment