Monday, December 3, 2012

Letter to Earth

Dear Earth,

Thank you for providing me what you have. A loving family, friends, food and shelter. This is a partial list of course. There are many treasures you have lovingly bestowed upon me.

You encompass all of life; and yet very seldom receive the credit you deserve. Instead you are often mistreated or raped. And you still bless all you give life.

I have learned many valuable lessons from you. You've taught me the value of love and patience. It is from your yielding nature that you are an example of these two qualities. I see you being abused and continuing to spread joy with your beauty. I know one day your good will prevail over evil.

Your mountains, plains and oceans are my home. Your expanse is my playground. I find in you inspiration. I try to be a friend to you. I want to show you my appreciation.

I am just one of an endless array of creatures and plants that you give life. I still feel as if you know me. You know when to let me fall. And when to lift me up. You challenge me and you spread your love through my heart.

You give all of creation equal parts of your attention. The large and small, predators and prey. Your loving embrace even spreads through disease and malice. You are graceful beyond measure. It is a joy to be in your presence.

It seems as if you know no other way than to spread love. Your embrace and compassion are without equal. What you provide is virtually endless. It is with your resources that mankind may flourish.

I wish to share with you the love that is in my heart. You deserve it more than I. It is you who taught me of love. For this you hold a special place in my heart. This gift is greater than any you may receive in return.

I can see clearly how I'm a reflection of how beautiful you are. My heart and soul are brush strokes on a canvas. Without you they have no place. They could not share as they are meant to. You lie as a back drop seemingly happy to be known through others.

You are my friend. I will spread the love you have shown me. I know it is through me you are given life. I am a vessel to your ocean. It is through your embrace that my life gains meaning. You nourish my soul and replenish my spirit. I am glad to know you exactly as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment