Saturday, December 1, 2012

First Snow

I woke up this morning to a lovely surprise. The first snow fell last night. And it is continuing to fall as I write this article. There wasn't much in the way of accumulation (less than 1/2 an inch.) However the white on the ground is as pretty as can be.
The first snow brings back good memories. I can remember skiing with good friends and in beautiful locations. The first snow fall in the years that I skied always marked excitement and joy. I loved the winter and being outside in the mountains; the friends I had amongst skiers and snow boarders were equally valuable.
I want to one day return to skiing. I believe it will be a proud moment for me to afford my next seasons pass. I currently am not skiing as it is not affordable. I will one day change my financial standing. It will have come after a long and difficult period of my life. This period in my life coincided with my leaving skiing. I will feel in returning to skiing that I have fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment