Thursday, December 13, 2012

Nature Of Life

I am reminded today to accept myself just as I am. I know that I am working towards the life I want. And I deserve to feel good about that. I can afford to relax sometimes or enjoy a sunny day. I can let go of the expectations I have for how I live my life and the person I will be.
It seems with all the effort I make it is often to just set the bar even higher. I will reach a goal and before long try to move on to the next task. It is good that I am motivated to move forward. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of things I accomplish. I could however, choose to allow myself the freedom to be myself. And see that this its self is an accomplishment.
I now live in my own apartment in a town I like. This is a long awaited victory on my road to recovery. I can choose to remember how hard I've already worked to be where I am. I can accept that my life will not unfold exactly how I intend it to. There are many things I aspire towards that will not come easily or in the time I would like. That is the nature of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment