Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unsung Heroes

I think the role family members play in a person's recovery often can go unsung. They are crucial to recovery. I can say this from experience as I have had far greater support from my parents than I would have ever anticipated. They have stuck by me through hard times and are heroes in the truest sense of the word.
I have a wonderful relationship with my parents. I speak to them daily and see them monthly. I feel privileged to be so supported and loved. I know my parents feel that they are blessed to have me as their son.
I was adopted as an infant. I have never known my biological family and do not intend to ever get in touch. The family I have is wonderful. I could not have hoped for better. Everyday I realize more and more how important my relationships with my family are.

No comments:

Post a Comment