Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

I have many fond memories of Christmas' gone by. I can remember the times we traveled off to my grandparent's in Long Island. I even remember some Christmas' spent at my great grandmother's. There are a few gifts I've received that stick out in my mind. My mom's dad bought me a tool box when I was very young. I remember that well. I remember my family's tradition of having a designated Santa to distribute gifts every year.
It seems with every passing year I come to view this season a little differently. As a kid I always eagerly awaited receiving presents Christmas morning. As I grew into being an adult the idea of gift giving was foremost in my perception of this holiday. It's not the gifts we remember best from this time of year. And I now see that Christmas is about forging stronger relationships with those who love you most. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment