Friday, November 23, 2012

Active Lifestyle

When I began this blog exercise and nutrition were my top priority in life. I was training almost everyday. I mostly worked out with kettlebells but ran as well. It was by the time I started this blog that I got down to 175 lbs. I had lost a total of 18 lbs since leaving the hospital. I was lean and strong.
My attention has shifted away form diet and exercise. I do however, walk a lot and maintain my body weight at 175 lbs. I now only work out with my kettlebells a few times a week. Usually for about 20 to 30 minutes each time. I am still happy that I have maintained my healthy weight. My physical health is important to me and I like staying active.
It is important to be active and we must be mindful of this. It is alright to have periods in which you are more or less active. Exercise does not always have to be top priority. It is important however, that we don't allow ourselves to become sedentary. An active lifestyle not only promotes good health; it provide a source of positive self-esteem and can be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment