Monday, November 26, 2012

Chosen to Believe

Belief is a powerful component of the recovery process. We must choose to believe that our lives can be fruitful and rewarding. I say we must choose to believe because it is often a difficult choice to make. It takes patience and determination to have belief when times are hard.
I have had many instances in my recovery in which it would have been easy to give up. It seemed as though I could do nothing right. There was at best only the slightest belief that one day all would be better. I chose to hold on to what belief I had. I needed help holding on to it at times. I may have needed to be hospitalized to be safe or just receive words of encouragement.
I have now made my life better. I believe that there is still much for me to do. I now know I have what it takes to accomplish great things. I have taken a terrible affliction (schizophrenia) and turned it into a positive. My recovery has taught me that I am resilient and courageous. These qualities will serve me in the future just as they have in the past. I have chosen to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment