Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is now just a week away. In this time of the year families get together, eat good food and enjoy each others company. There will be turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce (my personal favorite.) This year Thanksgiving has special or particular meaning to me. I am very thankful for all that I have and have accomplished.
The last 2 years have been truly remarkable. They say the sun begins to rise just after the darkest hour of night. That has been exactly my experience. I was at my very worst in 2011. It was my "darkest hour."  2012 has been in stark contrast to 2011, one of my very best years.
In a way I needed to come up on hard times as I did in 2011. I had to do this to get the treatment I really needed. I also needed to see for myself that change in my life was necessary. I could not go any further in life without this realization. Schizophrenia impacted my life to this point and not a minute too soon.
I've changed my life this past year. I made this change because it was necessary. I am thankful that I had the opportunity and support I needed to make this change. I am a new person and feel blessed in this time of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment