Monday, November 5, 2012

4 Month Anniversary

This past Friday marked the 4 month anniversary of Breathe's first article. I usually like to write about the blog its self for anniversaries and milestones. I let the 4 month anniversary go by without even realizing it. I was too busy with my recent move, I guess. I will now take the time to write this type of article.
Not too long ago I edited my profile. It said that I was living in a group home, this is no longer the case. In reading the old profile I saw a sentence that jumped out at me. It said "Breathe is a fitness blog with a recovery slant." I am a little surprised that I thought the focus of my writing would be fitness instead of recovery.
Today I write about exercise and nutrition a lot less than I did at first. I am fit, eat a healthy diet and exercise. There is however, a great deal more to recovery than exercise and nutrition. It is a means to take steps towards well being that can be performed daily.
Recovery is about living a rewarding and meaningful life. I have had success in creating this for myself and yet still have a way to go. Things I have done to live a good life include exercise and eating well. I think just as importantly they include making friends and developing confidence in myself.
I will continue to share my recovery story through my writing. I will attempt to impart the life lessons I think may be helpful to my readers. I am invested in my writing and find it to be a source of hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment