Friday, November 16, 2012

Need Not Be Arrogant

I am a very determined person. This determination of mine has aided my recovery tremendously. It is only just behind humility in how it has helped deal with schizophrenia. It is humility that has put me in a place in which I can ask for and receive help.
It is unfortunate that determination often brings with it a bit of arrogance. If we feel we are capable on our own to take on whatever be in our path, we then will not likely ask for help. This is a mistake.
It takes a strong person to move forward in life and recovery. It takes an even stronger person to absorb a setback and ask for help the next time they're in trouble. This is why I say you need only to be as determined as you may before it brings with it arrogance.

No comments:

Post a Comment