Saturday, November 24, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Now that I have thanksgiving behind me I'm ready to usher in the new year. I had a wonderful 2012. This past year I made a lot of progress in my recovery. I was able to let go of delusions I previously held and with it paranoia. I also quit smoking cigarettes. And am now able to afford to live on my own. Let's not forget that I got my start in writing in 2012.
I want to build off of my successes from 2012 in 2013. I am very focused on writing currently and it would be great to develop in that pursuit in the next year. It is with this in mind that I have decided on my new year's resolution. In 2013 I will try to read poetry everyday all year long. In addition to being good for me as a writer. I think doing this will help me develop a wise mind.
Poetry cuts deep into human consciousness. I think reading and writing poetry will aid me in understanding life and all that makes it so wonderful. I think I do now perceive the beauty that gives life all its wonder. I want to continue searching my soul. I know that I will learn to perceive the world and all life that inhabits it with even greater appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment