Friday, November 16, 2012

Positive Past

It has been just over 2 weeks since I left my former group home (Meadowview.) I lived at Meadowview for just under a year. In that time I formed friendships and progressed in my recovery. Although I am glad to put Meadowview behind me, I honestly miss the place.
I miss tossing a football in the back yard. I haven't thrown a ball since I left. I developed some really good relationships at Meadowview. They will never be replaced. I came to Meadowview at the tail end of a dark period in my life. There I received the help I needed to both manage my symptoms and flourish as an adult. I'm grateful to have been a part of the Meadowview community.
Time passes and as it does we march on. There are times in our lives that we have to leave behind things that are important to us. These times are often bitter sweet. I will always look to my time at Meadowview as a positive experience.
I now will put in place new relationships that are meaningful. There are many positive experiences on the road ahead. I must pursued them, otherwise, the positive memories of my past will have been made in vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment