Tuesday, November 20, 2012

World of Opportunity

Last night I recited poetry at an open mic event. This was the third time I recited my poetry to a crowed. I began doing this to meet new people and have discovered that it is quite fun. I like being a part of the local writer's scene that I get from doing open mic events. As opposed to just writing for my blog which is a little isolative.
The first 2 times that I recited my poetry I was extremely nervous. I almost backed out. Reading your creative writing to a crowed makes you feel very vulnerable and is not easy. This last time I felt confident. I was able to read my pieces clearly, enunciating each word. I've stepped outside my comfort zone and it has been a valuable experience.
We all can stand to gain from stepping outside our box. I have found a new source of confidence in reciting poetry. And I am making friends with people I would never have gotten to know otherwise. Live without fear of the unknown and you will see a world of opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment