Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Magnificent Journey

An affliction like schizophrenia can nearly ruin a person. The operative word being nearly. It is possible to recover. This is something I know from experience. I believed that I had a rat in my brain for 10 years. I suffered from paranoia and was not able to be responsible for myself.
I am now a much different person than I was prior to being afflicted with schizophrenia. I am able to do anything another adult can do and more. This disease has taught me how valuable life is. And how valuable I am as an individual.
I learned this from picking myself up, dusting my self off and continuing on my journey. I had to do this many times. I learned the value of life from receiving love and support that went well beyond my own expectations as well. My journey to recovery has put me in a place that I hold dear.
I'm thankful for my recovery experience and all that it has taught me. I know what I have achieved is far greater than any setback I have ever experienced. I want to in publishing this blog offer hope to those dealing with a mental illness. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it illuminates a landscape that is truly magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment