Friday, November 9, 2012

Pleased With My Writing

I write this blog primarily to mentor others who have mental illnesses. I believe that in sharing from my experiences, explaining things I've learned in my journey, I can help people in recovery. It is not very often that I get to learn of whether or not Breathe is really having an impact. I did hear such a story last night. I will not reveal the details of this story. I will say that it encourages me to continue writing.
I feel as though what I am doing matters. I might not be reaching and touching the lives of millions like some writers. I am on the other hand making a difference. The purpose of the blog is being fulfilled. It is more important to me that I touch the lives of those who read my writing than it is that I have a large audience.
I will not lose sight of this purpose in my writing. As it is the purpose my writing serves that gives it its worth. I am a good writer I am told. There are better than I. There are writers who know much better how to formulate good sentences. I do have something that is seen in my writing that you can not learn in books. I have experiences that others can identify with.
I have a major mental illness. Schizophrenia has impacted me more so than anything else in my whole history. There are many others like me. If my writing helps some of those out there like me, then it is good. This pleases me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment