Thursday, November 8, 2012

Healthy Attitude

I was going to the local fitness club for a little while. I found my workouts there to not be as good as the ones I was doing with my kettlebells at home. The space between the machines provided a sufficient pause in my activity level to lower my heart rate. Let alone the fact that if you really work up a good sweat you must clean off your equipment. I believe that workingout at home along with running on a regular basis is a good routine for me, besides its much cheaper.
The lesson to be learned here isn't that its not good to go to the gym. I've seen people make tremendous gains with gym memberships. You need to find what works for you and stick with it. If you try to get in shape and don't succeed, try again. The right fitness plan for you could be right under your nose.
I'm happy right now with how I look and feel. This is important to me. I am however, not the most active I have ever been. My fitness isn't as high up on my list of priorities as its been at times in the past. I do exercise everyday but with less intesity and for shorter periods of time. We must remember exercise is to benefit us as people. If we are beating ourselves up because we didn't workout for at least 2 hours any given day, we need to re-assess our view of exercise. Take a healthy attitude towards your routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment