Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Growing Up Christian


I grew up in a Christian home. We did more than just go to church. My dad was also a d.j. at a Christian radio station. Every Sunday morning I would neaten up my hair and put on a tie. I kept going to church until I was 16.

When I turned 16 my Sunday's began being spent teaching skiing. I started drifting away from my religious roots. The experience of growing up Christian has undoubtedly left a marked impression on me. My parents taught me values by bringing me to church every Sunday.

I do not go to church nor do I believe in a creator. I am overly objective to prescribe to a faith based religion. I believe I have a certain perspective on religion that is quite enlightening. I often see on both sides of this coin people pointing their finger at those on the opposite side. They say that those who oppose me are inferior in some way. They criticize each for their beliefs and opinions. It is truly an unfortunate state of affairs.

I think all of us could take a look in the mirror and see we are not so different. Naturally we will have our differences in opinion. We can still put our differences aside. We can know that the other person is only human. We can accept their flaws and opinions just as if they were our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment