Friday, October 19, 2012

I Played LaCrosse


When I was in school I played lacrosse. It was my second favorite sport, next to skiing. I first got exposed to lacrosse during the summer after the 4th grade. That summer my family and I went to a 4th of July family reunion. My cousin Rob brought a friend with him. His friend and I tossed a ball in my grandparent's front yard.

I went back to Vermont from that family reunion with a new passion. I wanted to play lacrosse. My school didn't offer lacrosse to 5th and 6th graders. I was still determined to play. I set out to found a program for my grade level. I got a little help form my dad and it was a successful project.

That spring I played my first season of lacrosse. We had kind of a rag tag team. Many of the players wore hockey helmets, including me. We still had fun and we did pretty well too.

This was a great experience for me. I didn't get discouraged when I learned we didn't have a team for my grade. I was too determined to play the game. If you ask people who know me best they will tell you I am very determined. I think seeds were sewn of the person I would become when I started that lacrosse team.

No comments:

Post a Comment