Tuesday, October 9, 2012

To Recover is To Adapt


I try to develop my own quotes every so often. This is just in case I am ever famous. Earlier today I was speaking to a friend of mine. I mentioned one of my more recent quotes I had developed. I expressed to this person (Liz) what I was trying to convey in the quote.

"It's not what you get out of life that's important. It's how you adapt to the world you live in."

When I thought of this quote I was thinking of how great the internet is. It allows me to publish my blog. It's great to be able to use the in this way. There are many successful people who owe their success to how they have adapted to use this new resource. This is the age we live in and it important that we adapt to it.

Change is the only constant in life. The better you adapt to change in your life, the more successful you are capable of being. Recovery is about change. You must adapt to a life in which you deal with mental illness. This adaptation will take time and be very difficult. There will be times you change for the better and times you change for the worse. There will be change. As you adapt you will recover and not otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment