Sunday, October 21, 2012

Is Life Fair


I was leaving the food co-op here in Brattleboro yesterday. I stopped to take a look at the community board to see if there were any events I might like to attend. I found an open mike night on Wednesdays. The flyer mentioned music and poetry. I went to the location to get a few more details on the event. They told me that the poetry and music are on separate nights. I will go to this event and recite poetry that I have written.

I have not written any poetry for a long time. I dabbled in writing poetry when I was in my early 20's. I wrote poetry in calligraphy then. The poetry reading will occur on the last Wednesday of the month. I have already written one poem for this event and will try in the time I have available to write at least one more.

I have included the poem I wrote in this post. I was a little nervous about including poetry I have written, in my blog. Publishing my poetry I think will help me become more comfortable in self-expression. I can likely grow and improve as a writer from writing poetry. I hope you all enjoy this first piece of creative writing in my blog.

 

Is life fair

Or should we even care

Is it for me to ask

Or should I just make the most of what I have

It is unfair

This I can say

Why should I worry

Why not just take it day by day

It's too late to say

Is it to hard

Or are you just soft

Why do you complain when you have something to say

Are your words enough

Do they make your day

What are your words for anyway

Is life unfair, yes

But it is for us to share and not to compare

This is the way

No comments:

Post a Comment