Sunday, October 7, 2012

Writing: Food for Thought


I have been writing on a daily basis for several months now. I started just writing a journal and progressed into publishing a blog. I have found writing to be very helpful for me to better process my beliefs, thoughts and emotions. I believe writing to be good therapy.

As you write you relate that which is on your heart to your thinking mind. You get in touch and express things that might otherwise have internalized. Self expression in any form is a great way to manage stress created in your life. I believe being a writer is like having an open window to your soul.

There are many great resources on the internet to help you get started with your writing process. Search writing or journaling prompts and you will find endless sources of writing material. A prompt is a question or a sentence to start a writing session from. You can write on a wide variety of topics. These include daily activities as well as past experiences and hopes for the future.

Writing is not just therapeutic. It also improves your mind. Writing engages your mind and with practice will make you smarter. I believe that in the time since I started writing I have become more articulate. I can better express myself through the use of language either in writing or speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment