Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Music


Music is one thing that virtually all people can agree on. It has had a major impact on most us either throughout or at some point in our lives. I grew up in a musical family. My parents both sang at church and my dad plays the guitar. In addition to playing at church my dad also worked as a disc jockey most of my life. I myself played the saxophone through the 10th grade.

As far as music I listen to, currently, I am into classic rock and pop. I have been considering expanding from this but do not know where to begin. There are so many genres to choose from. I have been thinking lately that I might get into Blues or Classical music. I might also just try to diversify and pick up a little of everything.

When I was younger I listened to a lot of rap music. I mostly liked it for the lyrical content. However I eventually found the whole gangster motif too negative for my taste. I wanted music that would make me feel good instead of angry. Some times I'll still watch videos of my favorite rappers from the 90's on youtube, but not very often.

Music is an important part in living a fulfilling life. It doesn't just entertain us. It also inspires and influences us profoundly. I try to keep this in mind when I choose to listen to or purchase music. I desire to listen to music that reinforces the positivity that is already inside me. I want music that reflects my highest aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment