Saturday, October 6, 2012

Work Hard and Play Hard


I was out on a walk with a friend. The talk got to be a little philosophical. He said he believed life was about autonomy and mastery. I didn't say anything at the time but I disagreed. I thought about what he had said for some time. I came up with a response and told him I thought life was all about perseverance.

I have since then considered getting a perseverance tattoo on my forearm. I do not yet have any tattoos. In order to get this tattoo I decided I wanted an equally meaningful word on my other forearm. I wanted this word to reflect my light hearted self.

I have yet to decide what other word I want for a tattoo. I have thought of happiness, joyfulness and laughter. If I go ahead and get the tattoos I will probably choose one of those three.

I did not just write this article to tell you about tattoos I want to get. I wanted to share with you a little personal wisdom. Life is hard and you have to work hard to get ahead. Still, we could all use a little happiness, joyfulness and laughter in our lives to lighten our hearts. Work hard and play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment