Saturday, October 6, 2012

Moving Out


Yesterday I looked at what is more than likely going to be my new residence. I will be leaving the group home I currently live in about 2 weeks from now. This new place is a house in which I will have a small room. The location is good and it is affordable.

I will go to the housing trust that I will be renting the room from on Monday. I have to give them $50 so that they will hold the room for me. I tried to give them the $50 yesterday after they showed me the room; however I didn't have it on me and when I got to the office they were closed. I'm still pretty sure I'll get the room. My rent will be $350/month.

My entire income comes from social security. It amounts to $770/month. I will be able to get food stamps before I leave Meadowview. I will also make use of the community meals here in Brattleboro. There is a food shelf I can go to and I will make use of that.

I believe I am determined enough to make the most of this new opportunity. I welcome the challenges that come with the step I am taking. I look forward to growing from these challenges and feel blessed to be in a position where I can grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment