Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pressure to Write


The pressure to continue to create and create has been building up. I have become stressed out about my writing process. In the last month I have considered no longer publishing articles for Breathe twice. I even wrote rough drafts of "farewell" articles each time.

I will continue to write for Breathe. I will not attempt any longer to get my subject matter to fit certain parameters. I will try to use my writing process to release tension instead of cause it to build up. The content of Breathe will no longer pertain to just mental health, exercise and nutrition. I will write for Breathe in a way that is to reflect who I am and what is going on in my life. As mental health, exercise and nutrition are all important to me I am sure there will be articles on these subjects in the future.

I came to this decision after reading a public diary entry on the internet. I found a website that posts diary entries for the public to see. This inspired me to keep writing. I have attempted to put my story forth in Breathe. I try to be transparent. However I feel I am still somewhat guarded in my writing. I am comfortable sharing about life changing events. I try to have life lessons to most of my articles. I will in the future just write stories that there isn't really anything to be taught from writing them. I look forward to sharing more of who I am and what's important to me with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment