Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Progress I Have Made


I am leaving the group home (Meadowview) I currently live in very soon. This change is bringing up thoughts of how far I have come in the last year. The progress I have made in that time is remarkable. I am in a very different place now than I was before I came to Meadowview.

Just over a year ago I had a horrible outlook on life. I did not think there was anything in this world for me. I believed that I was a failure and that the best I could do for myself was to rot in jail. I had no hope and did not believe in myself. That time in my life has now passed.

In this past year I have done a lot more than get in shape and quit smoking. Although quitting smoking was- and is- paramount to my financial security. I made changes that were far more significant. My symptoms of schizophrenia are in remission. I no longer believe that the best I can do with my life is to rot in jail. I now see my experiences and self as being valuable. It is valuable enough that I am now looking to write a book. Whether or not I write the book or not is not so important. What is important is that I realize that I am a good human being. It is important that I understand that I am capable of contributing to society. Putting one foot in front of the other everyday, I am making the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment